Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Weekend in Sacramento

Here is Michael in front of his apartment. I enjoyed Mike's Birthday weekend in Sacramento.
I noticed when we were at Olive Garden we had very good service and then I realized we had a girl waitress.
Same thing happened last fall at the Outback and other restaurants. Mike ignores it all and doesn't appear to notice.
Anyway I had a lovely weekend and hope he did, too.
He chose a Strawberry Cheesecake for his birthday cake...
While doing our Art Studio walk we
came across this interesting store
window with a huge cat sleeping in
it. Mike let me take his picture in
front of it. Turned out kind of interesting. Gorgeous flowers.
I had a hard time walking because I couldn't breathe very well cuz of my allergies so we didn't get to see many art studios but it was interesting talking to the artists we saw. Mike patiently walked slow with me.
Mike enjoyed his favorite Chicken
Fajitas at Chevys Fresh Mex on the
bank of the American River. I had my favorite Flautas. Love them.
I love the way the river winds through Sacramento. Mike says the
young people have inexpensive and
noisy parties just by parking 2 or 3 boats together.
A visit to the State Capital is always
worthwhile just to see the trees and
flowers. There is usually some
wedding party there taking pictures.
There is supposedly a tree planted
there for every kind in Sacramento
and supposedly Sacramento has more
variety of trees than any other city.
That is why it is called "The City of
Trees."
Regardless of the allergies from the trees and things, it was a great weekend. Thanks, Mike, for spending time with your Grandma.

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Your hair is so long! And Mike's is so short!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far