Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Check-Up

Today they checked my carotid arteries at Scripps and they are looking good!!!  No need to check again until next year so I really am doing fine!  Dr. Hemp asked me how  old I was and then said, "Oh, well, you are already beating the odds."

Truly as I sat there in the waiting room and saw so many people in wheel chairs I did feel very healthy indeed.  I also read half of my new book "Home to Holly Springs" by Jan Karon, one of my favorite authors,
so time was not wasted by waiting.

Biggest problem is driving home in the dark.  My eyes do not like all those bright lights from the cars and such--I just should not drive at night at all.  Couldn't be helped though, Dr. Hemp was two hours late for his appointment as usual.  I shouldn't complain.  He doesn't see many patients at all, he mostly just does surgeries but when he asked if I had a Dr down here and it was negative, he said to just see him again next year and they would do the test.  I appreciate that.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far