Friday, January 07, 2011

Dad's Birthday

Back Row: Dave and his wife Dorothy, Janet, Dick
Front row: Jeanne, Mom, Carole, Dad, Marilyn

Wednesday, Jan 5,  was my Dad's birthday and my brother called to wish me a Happy Birthday.  That is OK, mine comes a little later in January. 

He said they both enjoyed my book "The Montana Years" but I had forgotten he went to Dawson County Junior College in Glendive before he went to Utah State and he had two years there, ever though he did not graduate.  He went straight from college to marriage and then managed one of the several stores my Dad and his brother had at that time. He said he also didn't remember me being with the folks when they picked him up in Idaho after he burned his legs in an accident.  Neither one of us could remember what car we had.  I just remember seeing his feet stick out the back door whenever we stopped and I was cautioned not to close the door on his feet.

Dave and Dorothy eventually ended up in  the Anderson's store in Miles City.  Miles City was about 80 miles from Glendive.  One time when I stopped there on my way to or from  someplace he let me out the alley door where my car was parked.  It was early in the morning and someone he knew came by and was gawking.  Dave called out, "She's my sister."

Dave and Dorothy 2009


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far