Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I think this is a good time to review my personal goals, habits and determinations.  It is never to late to make a fresh start.  Seems the things I want to improve on are always the same but that just means I am probably not trying hard enough.  What do I need to do for 2011?

More Exercise--although I am busy all day long, it is hard for me to stick to an exercise routine, especially since I have problems with my left metatarsal.  This has resulted in Bandido and I each acquiring a few pounds this year.  Yes, I will work on that.

End mindless snacking--I do this when I have a project, when I am thinking about something, when I am stressed, when I am bored, when I am lonely--it seems the reasons for mindless snacking are endless.  I need to try and understand that outlet and stop it!!!  I have given up so many foods such as gluten products and it has not been hard so I know I can do it.  I just need to keep my head in gear instead of drifting into a daze.

Make time for things I enjoy and stop tasking all the time.  Yes, I am great at finishing my tasks.  I need to be better at doing what I enjoy which is????  I will work on that.  Smile, smile, smile is the first order of every moment.  And laugh out loud at least once a day.  Things don't seem as funny to me as they used to...

Sleep more, yes, sleep more.  I am sure I am sleep deprived--eat those cherries before bedtime,  Stop staying up late.  Get back to my habit of early rising, exercising, and then dressing for the day.  I have spoiled myself with too many pajama mornings, just because I can.

Reach out more--I am too satisfied with my little world--I need to get more involved...although this is just a goal, it is not a prerequisite for my happiness, it is just something that would probably add to my life.

Oh, yes, Janet, and don't forget to get back to your 30 minutes of dancing a day...you ditched that for 2010...put it back in your life for 2011.  Now print this off and put it front of your face once in awhile!!!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far