Friday, October 21, 2011

Best Ice Cream

Yesterday morning I woke up about 4 am thinking of that bad pumpkin ice cream I made.  I tasted it one more time and then threw it all out.  While I had the freezer open I saw I had two pounds of frozen strawberries--a ha, enough strawberries to make our 'Best Ice Cream' recipe from the sixties.  I also had two bananas left, perfect.  But alas I had no oranges or lemons...

Still I decided to make it with five tangerines instead of three oranges and two lemons.  It is delicious!  The nice thing about the Cuisenart Ice Cream maker is you can have ice cream in 25 minutes as long as you have the ingredients and you keep the 'insert' in the freezer (which I do).

So much for Pumpkin Ice Cream--the Best Ice Cream never lets us down.

Recipe: 1 quart of half and half, one pint of heavy whipping cream, 3 cups of sugar (yes, it is a lot and probably could be lessened--this recipe is from the sixties) 16 oz of frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed, two bananas mashed, juice of three oranges and two lemons (or five tangerines).  Whip creams, juices and sugar together and blend in mashed strawberries and bananas and put in your ice cream maker for over two quarts of delicious ice cream.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far