Friday, October 07, 2011

Blogging is Important!

Today I was looking in my blog and blog printed books for the conversion story of my Lake Almanor friend Marjorie I thought I had written about.  I found it but not the "rest of the story" I received later from Richard's cousin who had been instrumental in Marjorie's conversion  Somehow I never went back and included that portion in the story so the memory is lost forever unless I can find the email or letter, etc. that had that extra detail in it.

While I was browsing I came upon some experiences I had written about that made me laugh out loud and some that made me shed a tear of happiness and I thought this is wonderful to have these memories brought back at an instant's touch. 

After Richard died I had an interview with Linda's Bishop.  I had gone to live with her while I decided where to go and what to do and he had invited me in to talk and share some spiritual comfort.  As he was a very intuitive, caring, spiritual man it was a good interview for me and he suggested I keep a journal of my feelings at this time.  I have tried to do that since John was born but I put more effort into it after talking to him.  And then when Maria showed me how to blog in 2005 it opened up a whole new way of preserving memories and pictures all together with minimal effort.  I am so glad I do it.  Everyone should make the effort to preserve those thoughts, feelings, and experiences because you think you will remember but you won't, believe me you won't.

Unfortunately so often when I would write in my journal previous to my blogging it would be when I was feeling gloomy or upset about something and that was my way of comforting myself and working through my feelings.  I often neglected to write the everyday happy things that brought so much joy into my life.  After Richard died I thought I had better go back and erase some of those gloomy thoughts--but now I just wish I had written more of the joyful moments!!!!   Those early writings I wrote when John was a baby and this was a new experience in our life are some of my better journaling.  I should have kept it up but it is so hard when you are a very busy Mom.  Still I should have found the time.

Of course, now, my children will have a challenge deciding what to do with all my blogging, memory and photo books when I die.  But actually for me the therapy is in the doing and when I reread them as I did today, it reminds me of the profound blessings and happiness I have had in my life.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far