Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bruce and I Communicate

It was a warm sunny day and Bruce wanted to lay down in the middle of the road because there was lots of sun there.

I enticed him over to the bottom of the steps where there was plenty of sun.  However the walk was peppered with cat litter (used on the ice before it melted so I wouldn't slip).  I knew it was uncomfortable to lay on so I grabbed the rug off the nearby freezer and put it down.

Always wanting to please, he lay down on it for me and reassured me as I took his picture he was doing what I wanted.

However when I looked out again he had moved off the rug but he saw I was looking at hin.

He quickly moved back on the rug  as if he was trying to please me.

He tries so hard to please but sometimes when he does not want to come in he looks the other way, as if to say.

"I don't want to c ome in yet."

When we walk, he expects me to put the leash on him like I do Bandido.  But he really wants to run free and he does.  I couldn't keep up with him even if I tried.  But he is quite respectful and always comes back and lets me pick up the leash again for a few minutes and then he is off again on his own adventure  before coming back to the driveway just as we turn in. 

His favorite thing right now is chasing the deer away every morning from the backyard.  He gets so excited, he can hardly wait until I open the door and let him run.

1 comment:

m. miura said...

I miss Bruce so much! He is such a sweetheart!

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far