Saturday, January 07, 2012

Methodist Church

When I was in grade school I attended the Methodist Church  in Glendive with my friend Myrna.   This was just a couple blocks from Andersons Store.  Myrna's aunt Mrs. Potter was our Sunday School Teacher.  The Church had beautiful stained windows and I particularly remember the one of Christ standing by the door with no knob on it, indicating we had to open the door and let him in.  In the basement we attended Youth Fellowship meetings and in high school my favorite was attending the Sunrise Services at Easter (where were they?) and then coming back to the basement for the wonderful  breakfast of Hot Cross Buns, scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon? and good orange juice.  In the summer during junior high I went to Church Camp with them in Livingston, Montana.  We traveled back and forth in a large open truck with very high sides. Seems kind of dangerous to me now.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far