Saturday, January 07, 2012

Yellowstone Bridge at Glendive

When I lived in Glendive, this was the only bridge to drive west. It was very narrow and I can still visually remember being so nervous as Berta Mae was driving across it. She is one of these people who looks around to the back when she talks. The large picnics we had in high school were on the west side of the bridge in a park so we all had to drive across it. I know there was some drinking at these parties but don't know that anyone ever had trouble getting back across the bridge. The drinking was never something that enticed me at all. In the winter the Yellowstone River would freeze and in the spring when the ice broke the west side of Glendive would often flood. It was a very large and dangerous river and we never attempted to play in it. However, the next generation did.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far