Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eyes and Blood Pressure Problems

Well, I am licensed to drive for a few years more.  Miraculously I only missed one on the test though they do not show which one it was.  That is not very nice.

However, they gave me a scare.  My right eye alone could not read one letter in any of the lines.  I had my eyes tested and new glasses just two years ago I think.  She finally oked my vision with both eyes but was considering requiring a vision test and new glasses before issuing the license.

Another thing, I guess I cannot eat or drink grapefruit.  I had an episode while Marjorie was here on Sunday.  I just did not feel well enough to get up and do anything,  She fixed her own salad for supper.  It had happened before during the last week and I really thought I was having congestive heart failure or something.  It was the first time she came to visit that I didn't have the house tip top clean.  I was just too tired to care.

But last night I read that if you have grapefruit while on blood pressure medicine it can cause you to have an overdose and cause your blood pressure to drop to potentially dangerous levels.  I will give the grapefruit away and if I feel fine all week, I will know that was the problem!!!  Evidently the grapefruit allows too much of the drug to enter the bloodstream because it interferes with the body's ability to metabolize certain calcium channel blockers (whatever that means).

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far