Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Richard!

I was reading last week that the spirits are nearby and know our thoughts and feel our sorrow so I hope Richard knows how much I miss him. He used to tell me I would never miss him when he was gone. It was just that he always liked someone near him whether he was working, reading, watching TV or what and I always had little projects I wanted to work on that didn't necessarily include him.
I found this note in my journal about his recovery from his first heart attack. "Richard finally did recover and was home for another month. It was a wonderful month. We were more appreciative of life and each other and Richard was on valium, so did not even think about his work. It was like the honeymoon we never had. We also had a lot of visitors--surely appreciate all our friends."
I am glad we had that honeymoon because we married on a Friday, and were back to work on Monday morning.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for your memories of Dad. He was a good husband, father and friend to many in need. A good example for all of us. Hope you had a good day.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far