Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mitch was the Man today!

Mitch came up and we made two trips to the creek for river rock. I am hoping this will be enough to finish the patio, yea!!!
Then he climbed the roof and cleaned it off plus cleaning out all the gutters, big job!!!
Then he loaded the last wood I have to the deck...I have been promised more wood coming from the guys at church. Last year I was totally empty when they filled my bin also.
But he wasn't finished yet! He started digging five holes for me to put my white birch trees that I am ordering. This is so that when you look out my dining room you see fluttering pretty leaves rather than somebody else's deck. when you dig holes here you have to keep filling them with water and dig over a period of weeks. It is almost solid rock!
While I was outside I discovered the deer have been in one of my enclosed gardens which makes me wonder why do I have a wire fence around them? I watched a mama deer leap in and later leap out with beautiful form...so the only ones not able to get in easily now are the baby deer and me. The squirrels also jump on the fence and then in. Frustration.
Anyway we did good today and I really appreciated all of Mitch's hard work! Thank you, Mitch.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far