Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Under the Stars

This has been a delightful summer of excellent movies from TCM. They have been having "Summer Under the Stars" and feature movies for one movie star for one or more days. I record them and then watch at my leisure. By turning on my TV in the living room and bedroom I can get my whole house cleaned while watching a good movie.

And I can't say too much about the wonderful movies of the 40's--the old black and whites and then some of the 50's. Last week I enjoyed Kim Novak. She was an idol of mine for her looks. This week it has been Greer Garson.
She is one special lady and supposedly has the most beautiful voice in movies. She has always been an idol of mine in the way she carries herself, the way she speaks. Yesterday I watched "Random Harvest" a truly romantic film of WWII.

It just seems the movies of the 40's have so much more depth and personify the best and worst in all of us which such clarity. They also leave a lot to the imagination, which is always best, I think.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far