Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happiness Box

Thursday Maria and I met at Chevy's and had our favorite Flautas--50% off during Happy Hours 3-7!!!  From there we attended a Women's Night at the Del Mar Ward.  There were two speakers--one a Counselor who spoke on our Happiness Box and the other speaking on Love and Logic.  I love the Love and Logic but my children are raised and I probably did it all wrong so no use fretting over it and hearing how wrong I did it--but the other Happiness is a Box intrigued me. 

The theory is that each of us is to carry our own Happiness Box and not expect someone else to carry it for us.  We are responsible for our own happiness.  It reminded me of the talk I heard at Rick's College years ago when Maria and I visited Linda there.  The speaker emphasized to the girls that it was not up to their husband to make them happy.  My gynecologist used to tell me I wanted to live like a Princess and that I would feel just fine if I was going off on a magical vacation.  Hmm, I must have been expecting Richard to carry my happiness box and he tried to, I believe.  The question is...what makes me happy now?  What do I need to do to be happy?

I have been thinking a lot about that and I know for one thing.  Not feeling well does not make me feel happy at all so first I need to figure out what I need to do to feel 100% physically well.  For one thing I know I do not feel well taking that statin drug they gave me.  I feel so tired I can't get going until it is almost worn off.  My joints ache and I feel weak.  So first thing Monday I am discussing that with my PA at Scripps. 

Secondly I need to walk even more and work through the leg pain.  Yes, the orthotics and new shoes are working but they make the body feel differently and I need to adapt.  Question is will I ever be able to wear my boots or sandals or wedgies or heels again without my foot hurting???  Within the next six months I can order other orthotics for each pair at $200 a pop.  Yeah, sure, I will do that, ha.  So how to be happy walking and getting dressed up if my foot hurts???

Anyway being physically well is most important right now and that is what I will work on and think about more later.  I was impressed with the blog I read of  "Life on the Green Line" by a young couple living in Boston.  Google was touting their blog and it is really good.  Anna was listing all her goals and it was most impressive the way she detailed it.  I have all my goal lists and things I want to do before I die, etc. but I had never detailed them like that.  I may work on that.  Never too late to plan for a happy life.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far