Monday, April 05, 2010

Seattle, Ferry Boats and Victoria

Linda, Maria and I set out for another adventure--destination Victoria, British Columbia.  I was there 54 years ago so do not remember much.
Marjorie and her daughter Karen met us at the Seattle airport and took us to Pike Market--such gorgeous flowers, vegetables, fruit and fish.


 What a neat place.  We had a lot of fun just catching up also.  Sunshine in Seattle!
We caught the ferry the next morning and still lots of sunshine.
There was a breeze in Victoria but still lots of sunshine so we went directly to Buchart gardens in case we had rain the following days.
Butchart gardens were glorious with lots of bulbs in bloom--no roses, too early.

As it turned out, we only had rain one day so we took the boat cruise and saw all the charming house boats worth lots of money. 
 What a way to live.
 Then we caught the museum.
 While the girls took high tea one day

I caught the miniatures.  Inspired me to finish my Seven Dwarfs house--maybe this summer.
I love this picture of Maria and Linda showing their difference in straight and curly hair. My hair was never as straight as Linda's or as curly as Maria's...
The cherry blossom trees were magnificent in front of the hotel. 
And what a great hotel Maria arranged for us--it is wonderful traveling with Maria and Linda because I don't have to think at all, just enjoy. 
 Thanks, daughters, for another great trip.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far