Monday, April 26, 2010

That Day is Here

This morning I go to surgery--not looking forward to it at all.  One more "Do what you have to do when it has to be done" kind of thing.  Just get through it and move on and hope it accomplishes what it should.

Jean Martin told me that Dow Lewis passed away.  I feel so sad for his wife Judy.  They were having such a wonderful life working in the Temple, his successful car businesses, vacation home in Lake Almanor, great family.  Why does it all have to be cut short too soon.  Judy will miss him terribly and it sounds like he was well loved and respected by the community of Yuba City. 
And then some people live on and on, way too long.  There are so many things that are so unfair in life.  I always remember what Sister Parmley said, "The Lord didn't promise you it would be easy, only that he would be with you always."  My heart goes out to Judy.  She will be so lonely.  He was always such a cheerful, positive guy, I had no knowledge he was ill.  So sad.

Had a nice Sunday at the Pulsiphers--Amy and Craig were home and look so good.  I always enjoy their ward and going home to their dinners.  It cheered me so when Kate looked so happy to see me at church.  I was going to have James give me a blessing but he would have had to call someone else to come over so I asked Gary to do it and Mike assisted.  It was a very comforting and complete blessing.  Priesthood blessings have been a very important part of my life for as long as I remember.  I so appreciate being able to call on that power in my life.  It brings the peace I need.  I remember the one time I was called to Texas when I was not feeling very well and I called my home teachers to come.  They wondered if maybe I shouldn't go, my age and all, but they gave me a beautiful blessing and I really was just fine the whole trip.

So onward and upward, hope I get energized with a new zest for life after this is all over and I am finally going home again.  As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far