Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Those Darn Weekends!


"Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week, cuz that's the night when my sweetie and I used to dance cheek to cheek.

I don't mind Sunday night at all, cuz that's when folks all come to call.

And Monday through Friday goes fast, and another week is past.

But Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week, cuz that's the night that my sweetie and I used to dance cheek to cheek."

This was a popular song in WWII with all the guys off to war, but I thought of it this weekend--it is the weekends that are the loneliest as any widow, divorcee, single, etc. will attest to.

With me, it isn't Saturday night so much, as Friday night.  That was date night and we often stopped at the Hilton in Mission Bay for dancing before coming home from the movies.  I miss that.

But I see these older couples with each other who act so bored it is sad.  However, the last time I was taking tests at the hospital, there was another lady taking somewhat the same tests and we kept crossing paths.  Her husband was with her all the way and so attentive.  That was nice to see.

All I know for sure is that nobody gets it all in this life--you need to appreciate and enjoy the moments when they come and not be forever looking for that better day--you may have all ready had your best days.  Enjoy!

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far