Saturday, October 28, 2017

Family Helps in the Big Move in 1999 from San Diego to Lake Almanor

October 28, 2017

For some reason, I am full of energy in the middle of the night and so I was checking out the family blogs to see who is still doing them.  I read Linda's from start to finish and enjoyed it so much.  She has their whole courtship and marriage with lots of movies so concisely done. You can get through it rather fast.  Not like mine, which has a lot...of words.

What was especially interesting was the movies of my move from San Diego to Lake Almanor in 1999 when the Pulsiphers brought me and all my furniture from San Diego and with the help of the Valkos and some of their friends moved me into my house.  What a huge job!!  What a commitment!!!  How do we survive without family???  And they had 10 children in and out and about, helping but playing, too, and taking the movie and playing in the snow.  I don't know how the parents handled it all so well.

It was fun watching the dancing and plays and creative fun the kids were having at Marias's house in Susanville.  So funny.  I wondered where Craig learned to dance so well.  He and Melissa looked really good for being so young.

I was especially impressed with how the yard and house looked when I moved in.  So much has been done to it since, mostly by Mark, in the house and the boys in the yard and Pulsiphers in the rock patio.  Such an improvement now.  It really has been a wonderful place for me to live.  It was fun seeing Bandido as just a puppy, too.

Jimmy and his friends had packed all of my things in the moving van but unfortunately, when James drove it up the hill to the Pulsiphers, something happened and it all got messed up and Gary and his family had to repack it all.  Gary drove, actually, Gary paid for the truck, too.  So appreciative for family helping, as I say.  What a time that was.

When Craig was interviewing me in the movie it was obvious I was overweight but it was also amazing to see how happy I was and how light-hearted I looked.  This was three years after Richard died but I was glad to see I was not so weighted down anymore.  I was really happy with the move.  

I had felt so bad when John said I could not afford a house when I told him I was buying a house in Lake Almanor.  I remember crying and calling Maria and she and Mark consoled me.  But actually John was right.  I could not afford and not realize all the extra costs of home ownership.  I had a lot of tears before I was able to really afford it.

But I was so blessed when Maria found an advertisement for retired loan professionals to work for the SBA during times of disaster.  I was hired in 2000 but did not get my first assignment until September of 2001.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far