Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Happy Anniversary Yesterday!!!

I meant to wish myself a Happy Anniversary yesterday and then I got so intent on catching up on my blog that I forgot.  It would have been 58 years!!!  Richard treated me so well.  I remember when Matt Hardy was living with us for a summer in La Jolla.  He let me know he thought I was very fortunate to have a beautiful home, and a husband who doted on me.  His father had died and left his mother with six children and a baby on the way.  Yes, I am sure my life looked pretty great compared to his Mom's.  And it was especially good at that time.

I am remembering those years serving in the San Diego Temple before Richard died.  With our financial world crashing around  us, it became the oasis in the week.  The time to be out of this world for a time.  Richard would always come up and tell me how beautiful I was or that he loved me whenever our paths would cross while we were doing our specific jobs in the temple.  I was 50 lbs overweight and looked pretty tacky but he never made me feel badly about it.


I have shared pictures of us over and over but this one may have been one of the last.  We were up in Susanville.  I think I look younger now than I did then even though this was probably 23 or more years ago.

Linda just sent me a note.

"Just realized it was you and Dad's anniversary.  Thinking of you and dad and all the happy years you had together.  You and dad were a great example of what a marriage should be.  Love you both so much and your great examples of conquering life, whatever it throws at you, and making the best of it together!!  Can't thank you enough for the loving home and examples you both provided for our family.  Love you!"

Thanks, Linda, I appreciate you always remember the good times.  After talking to my sister, Carole, last night I read my "Dear Richard" letters.  These were letters I wrote to Richard after he died when things in my life were not going well, and I would vent to him rather than my children.  I decided it was time to burn them and only remember the good times.

And, of course, the year it all began...1959.  I especially like this picture because of the way Richard is looking at me...like he loves me.  This picture came from my parent's movie camera which I only saw a couple years ago when my nephew Steven shared it on the Silvergate Cabin page.  Love it!




No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far