Tuesday, October 31, 2017

It Is A Good Thing,,isn't It??

If nothing else, I have learned the secret to losing weight.  Just strictly stick to the Special Carbohydrate diet which is for chronic diarrhea, and other serious illnesses of the digestive system.  Since I have been sticking strictly to this diet this last couple? weeks I have lost more weight, and I am not even trying.  And I am not craving anything...much.  Yesterday I went to Jack In The Box and they have my favorite pumpkin shakes (and yes, they are better than "Steak and Shake" and I resisted them.  Never done that before.  But if you realize the consequences will get to you sooner or later, it is fairly easy to resist.  Marilyn, at church, told me her daughter-in-law (diagnozed with Chrohn's) lost 40 lbs!

In 1996 I was told at my physical with Kaiser that I should lose 52 lbs.  I have now surpassed that and am almost at my favorite weight that I was at in 1978 when I was 45 years old.  Which was still 20 lbs more or so than I weighed in high school and 10 lbs more than what I was at when I decided I needed to join Weight Watchers after my last baby was born.  (They said I did not belong there).  However, I weigh heavy with these sturdy legs and arms so what is the best weight, after all?

My waist is not much smaller than my hips were in high school, ha, those were the days.  We had such tiny waists...this pix is probably when I was about 45 years old.





No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far