Friday, October 27, 2017

Medical Numbers

So Dr. Salehi had me do the blood test and I went in for the result.  She wanted me to take statins drugs again.  I don't know why she forgets we decided not to go that way.  Actually the total cholesterol of 285 is good compared to the 360 I had for years.  I just looked at them all again and it has been a lot worse.  My HDL was 65 which Kaiser said is good and just advised me to watch my diet.  We will see what the heart doctor says.

However, the micro-albumin/creatinine ratio was 40 and 30 is normal.  She recommended I see my urologist which will be easy to do as she is just up the road from where I will be living in Del Mar.  However, I had just had a Uti and been on antibiotics so that may have made a difference plus I was on the ibuprofen for the pain, too this last month.  Anyway I am in much better shape than I have been at times.  I should walk more than 10 minutes a day though now that outside yard work has almost ceased with the colder weather.  And I should renew my dancing!!!

I see in 1996 it was recommended I lose 52 lbs so I need to lose 2 more!!!

Nothing said about my blood sugar.

But I am back on my low carb, no sugar and making my own food.  Today I made the white beans baked with tomato juice, honey, vinegar, seasonings and ham hock.  And it is delicious!  Tomorrow I will do the homemade yogurt again and the spaghetti sauce and I know that is good.  Plus I have the spaghetti squash for my pasta sub.

I also found Fodys online which because of the fodmaps has all kinds of sauces, etc that are ok to take.  It is expensive though. 

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far