Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Favorite Clothes After Marriage

The clothes I loved from my married life were mostly when I was younger and slimmer. One of my favorite was a maternity dress--red pleated from the bodice with a white collar and bow at the neck--it always looked so dressy. Marilyn had sent it to share. My other favorite maternity was the black velvet jumper top and velvet skirt or pants with a pretty white blouse.
I have more than one dress from Tiajuana and this was one I loved to wear--yellow with beautiful embroidery. Richard liked to bargain with the sellers and use his Spanish. The other one I loved so much was squared necked with a three quarter length sleeve with lace insets and border--it was fuchsia and very nice ribbed cotten--why didn't I save those dresses??
This coat reminded me of the one I loved so much in college, except it was suede, but had that same soft fur collar. I remember Richard gave it to me for Christmas one year. I had learned by then that he loved to be asked for things, rather than told, and I called him and said how much I wanted it and, of course, he told me to buy it for my present.
This was probably my all time favorite dress. It was from India and the dress flowed from the bodice and had soft full sleeves--there was a border on the bottom of the dress--a very soft material and red. I knew I liked red. I should have kept it even if I couldn't fit into it anymore.
I loved orange all most as much as I loved red and this knit suit was lovely. Reminded me of that red knit suit I had in college that I wore so much.
I liked this yellow dress as it was straight down to the hip and then a pleated skirt, I felt very feminine wearing it, and it was very comfortable.
I have no favorite clothes now except for my jeans and sweat shirts--is that sad or what...Oh well, it was fun remembering. Maybe I will think of some more...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far