Monday, September 03, 2007

Some Friends in My Life, 2007

Friends are such an important part of our lives.  This trip I saw my friend Nadine, who has been cutting my hair since the 60's. After my husband died we spent many an early morning biking around Mission Bay.   We each bought a beach bike and I loved that until I moved to the mountains.  And I always look forward to getting a good "Nadine-doo" haircut whenever I return to San Diego.

Connie--who was my Assistant at Choice Mortgage for 12 years! She was a High School Secretary and would come in late afternoon and work till late.  She was so good,  I could not have made it without her. She was also very wise and a good confidant during those turbulent years. We would often makeup scenarios about our loan clients to giggle over.  You can tell alot about people by the way they spend their money and their assets--it would keep us from getting bored or too tired from the work.

This is the wall of my friend Sharon's home. She is very creative and clever and has such an interesting home. These are doilies her grandmother made and she has made them a treasure forever. I also met Sharon in the 60's. Even though I was older, we had children about the same ages and we did the beach, the bay, Disneyland, museums, Pioneer Day, etc.--all kinds of things together. One Pioneer Day we left my Maria with her Donna at Cabrillo Park and didn't notice until we were almost in Pacific Beach! She had extra children that day so we had a van full. This was in the days before seat belts...Motherhood is so much easier and more fun with a good friend. This trip she showed me how to finish off a sweater I had started for my son James 34 years ago. I am going to give it to his Jimmy, age 6--even though the yarn is a little faded. Good beach sweater... 
Another friend I see often now is Myrna. She lets me stay in Manhattan Beach on my way coming and going from Lake Almanor. We have been friends since 2nd grade, so we have all our Montana friends to talk about.  She is an interesting talker and remembers so much I have forgotten... Girl friends keep us sane...In the picture below from Camp with the Methodist Church Group in Junior High she is in the middle.  Lorraine is on the left and Eddie, a school mate is on my left.  myrna and I lost track of each other over the years but since we are both widows now and she lives where I can stop by and see her on my trips back and forth from San Diego we have renewed a great friendship.  When I get lonely at night, she is a great one to call and chat with.   I must find an updated picture!


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far