Sunday, September 09, 2007

Questions and Answers

Richard--A Man with Answers
My son tells me I ask a lot of questions, my gynecologist said I asked more questions than any patient he had ever had, the first summer working at SBA one of the men told me not to ask any questions as it made the meetings too long. So am I just more curious, more dumb, or more forgetful--why do I ask so many questions? Probably all of the above, but I do wonder about a lot of things. When my husband came home from a meeting, I would ask him questions about things he didn't even think about.
However, if I asked him a question about something important he always had an answer--usually a long answer--and he wanted me to sit still until he had finished the whole answer. I got so I would say, "Just give me the short version." Richard had an amazing memory for detail. I could read so much faster than he could, but I would immediately forget what I read--he never did. In fact, because he knew so much about so many things, it made me upset if he didn't have an answer.
Of course, then there was the "brokering to banks" side of our mortgage business that he never learned. He couldn't answer my questions, but I knew that most men like to answer questions. So if I met someone who appeared knowledgable, I would pester them with questions and they would love to tell me all they knew. That was how I learned the brokering business in the days before there were classes and books and computers with all the answers.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far