Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Puzzle

I have a huge cedar tree to the left of my patio and something (I thought it was squirrels, but it may be those strange birds that climb down the tree to the water dish) anyway something is splitting those little pods (this one branch got away from them). Anyway all day these split pods come down from the tree and I have swept up as much as two quarts a day! It is a huge mess and I do not remember it happening before (the last eight years). In the fall I have seen the pods all dried up and split open like little heliocopters and fluttering down but never have I seen these green pods split open and the center seed removed. I have used my binoculars and I can never see a thing up there. If it was squirrels, I would think I would see them running up and own and jumping. Heavens, they are all over my yard and easy to see as they think they are hiding from me running around. But who is up there? These birds come walking down the tree, I am not kidding, walking down the tree, could it be them... It is a puzzle and a mess...PS-- Mark came this afternoon and he could see better than I and it is a little squirrel, way up high (more than one? I don't know?)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far