Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Grandchildren are a Great Gift!

Jacob and I went to the Reuben J. Fleet Center Saturday afternoon before I left for Manhattan Beach. We had a delightful day except for losing my cell phone . (Thank heaven, Jacob could give a better description of it than I could!) Besides doing all the discovery items we had time for we saw the IMAX "Coral Reefs". It was not only interesting but very educational. Jacob is a delight to take places, so polite and pleasant, always says thank you and is an enjoyable conversationalist.
The week before, I attended the La Mesa Rotary Luncheon where Amy was honored. She was given a $500 check for her education--she left for BYU on the 28th. Besides being a great student with a 3.9 average and ASB president, the thing that always amazes me about Amy is her poise and confidence. She speaks so well with clarity and maturity. She also went skydiving last week!! Amy will do well wherever she goes, great determination and a positive attitude.
On the way back up north I stopped in Sacramento and saw the nice apartment that Michael is living in. I would say it was a step up from the first apartment that Richard and I lived in at the beginning of our married life. (Probably costs more than 10 times as much as well.) I always enjoy listening to Michael and his dream of going to New Zealand and see his latest hair style. It looked very good and he was sporting a little more beard than he has here (I forgot to take a picture). Michael is looking for that perfect job that will take him out of here and to New Zealand. I think he will find it! From the time I first walked Michael with his curly locks around Big Bear when he was a tot I have always enjoyed his soft side, contemplative thought, and quiet voice.
Yes, grandchildren are a great gift and each comes in a different wrapping with great surprises inside.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far