Sunday, May 02, 2010

BYU

I just watched a fascinating video of the Builders of BYU on the BYU Channel. What a powerful story. I was there in the Pres. Ernest L. Wilkinson years and attended Firesides in his home and had him visit our Heritage Halls apartment--even patted my head as he showed off our unit to Mr. J C Penney. I enjoyed my years there so much--so very appreciative to my parents for sending me. It was a pivotal time in my life and much, much more than I had expected college would be. I am so glad I was able to live on campus most of the time. I had 29 room mates and lived in four different places while I was there but my favorite was the Heritage Halls--we were the first ones to live in the apartments after they were built.
Some of us were photographed for an article about the new living apartments.
In front of Heritage Halls--BYU junior in my Squaw dress-- made by my New Mexico roommate's mother.

They look different inside today and I see you couldn't have any door-to-door solicitation but I made extra money by collecting the dry cleaning from everyone in the apartments and saving for an employee of a cleaning company to pick up.  Oh, yes, this was my bad cut and perm...

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far