Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Final Meeting with Dr. Hemp

I had my final meeting with Dr. Hemp. He said the stitches are self-absorbing. The hand weakness I had for a short time could have been caused by something breaking off ?  If it happens again for longer than a few seconds, be sure and call.

The doppler showed 50 per cent closure but it is from edema, not placque and should lesson. They don’t usually look at it this soon.  I had gone in because of the huge swollen edema on my neck.

But because of the hand drop they needed to look. He said my plaque went up further on both ends than usual but the edema is in the center area.

He said at the branch part one artery goes to the brain. The other artery just goes to face and doesn't matter.

They numbness in my face is from the nerves to the face being touched during the operation and should get better.

They want me back in January for a relook.
In testing my blood pressure on my machine it was 192 compared to 160 on theirs so no way it is accurate. Could be I am having irregular beats when I am taking it and then it will measure wrong.

The blood pressure medicine should immediately start working--go over everything with Melinda about it and how the lipitor affects me.

I am free to go home as far as he is concerned and I can drive now.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far