Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Father Day Talk

Mary Anne came up to me on Sunday and said, "You are probably not going to like me after this but Relief Society is to speak on Father's Day, how about you?"  I said, "Sure, I had a great father, I can do that."  I mean really, if you have to take your turn, what better time than on Father's Day when you have such an easy subject.  In fact, here is where blogging comes in handy, for the last few years I have blogged about my Dad on Father's Day so all my thoughts are all ready written!  Plus a few more quotes from you know where and my talk is prepared.

Of course, I did just give my last talk just before I left in November and that was on women but now I won't be asked for at least a year or more...

Last night I had another one of those hand dropping weakness in the left hand which sent the Drs to do another doppler before I left.  I am thinking it is related more to nerve problems than heart though.  It was in the left three fingers and they were totally unusable for almost 8 minutues.  I know, I was looking up information and could hardly use the keyboard in my left hand.  I sat and squeezed a ball in my left hand the rest of the night.  It seems I am truly falling apart one piece at a time. 

But what can you do but keep on, keeping on...and get your life in order.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far