Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Living Gluten Free--Not So Hard After All

Today I had pancakes that tasted normal, now I will have to try the gluten free flour for making Swedish and Grandma's pancakes.  This week I have had my favorite tuna pasta salad, hamburger stroganoff on pasta, corn bread, chocolate chip cookies and I have in my Gluten Free Pantry chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, french bread mix, cheese and pasta, pie crust mix, rice and noodle soup...

I found the Super Walmart in Reno had the most complete and cheapest Gluten Free products but IGA in Susanville had a lot and I know the Holiday in Chester has quite an assortment.  Yes, they cost a little more but for a happy indigestion, it is well worth it.  And think of the money I am saving by not buying commercially made products.

While in Reno after taking Linda home, we also shopped at Costco and I bought a bunch of bananas for $1.29!  I always think anyone who shops at Costco and does not buy the bananas is a little bananas themselves but what do I do with a whole bunch of bananas when 1/2 banana a day is about my quota?  Ah, I made two batches of sugarless raspberry jello and filled it with bananas.  I have enough dessert for two weeks.  Sometimes my brilliance amazes me.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far