Monday, May 31, 2010

Hard Times Are Here

There are definite signs of economic stress here, which is so sad.  I ran in to Donna, the gal I used to work for at Fidelity Title, and she said their office had been closed.  "The only houses selling are foreclosures and short sales."  Donna had such a following it is hard to believe but several of the real estate offices have been closed as well.  Businesses have been closed, too.

I was interested in a remark that my Mom made in writing her history.  She said she felt the depression of the 30's went on longer than it needed because people who had money were too embarrassed to spend it.  Interesting thought.  Wonder if that is happening now?

Another hand dropping incident--on the way home from Marjorie's on Saturday, about 8 minutes.  Scaring me.

At least I will have some wood in the following years.  Matt was here trimming my tree that fell and two neighbors with fallen trees said we could have all the wood if we wanted to cut them up and take them.  Matt is so fast at chain sawing, the hard part will be moving and stacking the wood for future use.  Surely appreciate Matt.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far