Friday, May 28, 2010

Mother Nature on a Rampage



Mother Nature had her fun during the winter and sent a huge windstorm to our area.  One of my trees broke at the top and smashed down on my neighbors fence so we need to do the clean up.  Matt will be here next week and will bring his Dad's chainsaw I hope.
So the fence was totally destroyed in this section.  My insurance company says his insurance company will have to pay for the fence because it was a natural disaster and not because of my negligence.  It was not a community fence and is totally on his property.  We can use the firewood, that is good.  Now I am wondering if the damaged tree will rot and be a threat and need to be cut down.

And my chimney needs cleaning--it is sending out strange burnings and I am concerned about a chimney fire.  Oh, the joys of home ownership.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far