Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Complaining Old Ladies, That is Us

When Marjorie showed me the ward bulletin Sunday that she and I were scheduled for cleaning the Church in the month of June we got the giggles.  Talk about the lame leading the lame!  She has aches and pains from her shoulder all the way down her back and and legs can hardly manage to do what she has to do at home.  She is currently pursuing medical advice to see what can be done.

And me, well I am still barely operating at a old lady level for strength and energy and have one foot in pain and one hand in pain and another that will or will not function occasionally.  I keep myself going with a little help from family but am not ready to hire myself out, that is for sure.  Plus I am still being monitored by Dr. Natali for high blood pressure and reaction to medicine for my heart. 

Anyway Marjorie is elected to ask the Bishop to switch us out.  Marjorie is the oldest one in the ward and I am second.  She always talks to everyone and acts so vital and young at Church but she is hurting, they do not realize that.  And I just went through major surgery and haven't done anything physical for months because of my foot. We don't like to be complaining old ladies but when do we get to retire?  

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far