Monday, October 04, 2010

Just in Time!

The back deck just had time to dry before the rains came!  It was a mini miracle we had dry weather just long enough to get that chore completed.  Yea!

Wow, it is so fun to have a cook in the house.  Mike makes super guacamole among other things.  Yea!

And since he has the scanner set up and updated I am having fun digitalizing pictures--old pictures.  When I get into our family slides, I will really feel I have completed something.

Since Linda started her "We Walk In Their Shoes" (link on the right) I have been busy seeking out the family histories.  One grey briefcase I cannot find????  Probably left it sitting in a Family Center in San Diego or Salt Lake.

It has been fun reacquainting myself with my ancestors and Linda has been busy with Richard's ancestors.  I especially enjoyed looking at the fantastic monument and park dedicated to Sarah Sturdevant.  Supposedly she has more descendants than any other woman in this dispensation!!!  You must see that.

We have a rich heritage and the one thing I know is that we do not know what poor is, what sacrifice is, what dedication is.  Those ancestors who embraced the Gospel through all odds, came to America, and never faltered in their faith have us forever in their debt.

Thanks, Linda, for starting the website.  I hope many will enjoy it and perhaps contribute to it.  I have learned so much in just the last few days and so much more to read.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far