Friday, October 15, 2010

(One of ) The Best Things in Life is Flannel!!

This week I changed from my summer cool, silky feeling sheets to my winter flannel sheets.  I hate to get out of bed in the morning I am so comfy in my flannel!  I love good flannel.  A few years ago I made myself a flannel comforter out of some flannel from Anderson's Store in Glendive.  I had rescued it from Mary's stash in her house.  It was made years ago and is so solid and soft.  It was such good flannel--not thin like so much of the flannel made today is.  It is my favorite comforter for napping and I won't give it away.  Anyway as I was struggling to get out of bed this morning from my "flannel haven" I thought I must run to the store today and find some flannel for receiving blankets for Meagan's new baby girl due in February.

One of my pet peeves is to see new born babies with clothes on and no blanket between them and their carrier--Mom, Dad, Grandma or whatever.  Hellloooo--that baby needs swaddling and protection and being comfy and cuddled in a nice soft blanket!  Anyway, Meagan, today is the day I shop for flannel.  Hope I find some good flannel, I am not going to Walmart for it...there is a great shop in town, if it hasn't closed down yet.  So many of the stores have closed...signs of the times.

So another project--this weekend while I have no car (Mike is going to Sacramento) I will try and make some comfy receiving blankets.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far