Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mike Cleans Up

I saw my neighbor from Reno using a ladder today so I quickly asked if we could borrow it. No problem. Mike was able to get on the roof and clean off the pods and clean out the gutters. Yea!!

My neighbor also said he had more cedar logs we could have so Mike hauled those over and chopped up the branches that had accumulated and filled the wood bin. So we accomplished a lot today.

When I was working in the yard I speculated that I never see any other women around here doing what I do. Then I remembered when I was a freshman at the Y and doing the whitewashing of the Y on the mountain, we had a bucket brigade and I was with my Wyoming girl friend and I guess we were putting a little bit more effort into it than the California girls because someone remarked, "There is sure a lot of difference between the Montana and Wyoming girls and the California girls. I doubt it was meant as a compliment to us but that is the way it was, we used our muscles.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far