Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NewFamilySearch

The last couple of days I have been working in the church Family History program seeing what needs to be done on my father's genealogy line.  I was very discouraged last night because his great great grandfather was attached to a Danish family which would send us back along a Jensen line in Denmark---wrong, wrong, wrong.  I couldn't figure out how to undo it.

Jeanne's oldest son Steven
But today my nephew Steven was online the same time I was and he straightened everything out and taught me a lot through umpteen emails.  So much easier than reading all the directions myself.  I feel very good about everything!!! Yea.  Hope it isn't all undone tomorrow.

Steven was a toddler when I was at BYU so I was his babysitter quite often.  I will never forget the time I was riding with Jeanne and holding the new baby Dougie in my arms.  Stevie was standing between us (this was before carseats).  Looking very nonchalant and staring straight ahead he casually lifted his right foot and brought it back forcefully right on baby Dougie's head.  Still not sure how he did it so well.  Except for Dougie crying, it was almost funny.  Jealousy begins at a very young age.

Anyway I surely appreciated his help today.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far