Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunshine and Drugs

Today as the sun poured in my dining room window I thought how happy I am that somebody built a house next door.  The trees were so high and so thick that not only did the sun not come in, they couldn't even get satellite coverage.  Need my daily dose of sun.

I really enjoyed watching the MLB video about Josh Hamilton today.  He is on the Texas Rangers team and doing well now but almost died from his addictions.  It was very sad to see what a hold his addictions had on him.  It appears he knows he can never relax, the addiction is always there but he has been clean for 5 years.  He was such a remarkable player as a child he couldn't play with the boys his own age but his dream of the majors all came crashing down when he was injured, got into tattoos, drugs and everything else bad for you.  It was almost an impossible road back.  His book is called "Beyond Belief".  I do want to read it.

Makes me think of Whitney Houston and how she keeps going back to drugs.  So sad, so very sad. 

Last night I had one of those terrible nightmares.  I was wandering with some family members (not sure who) looking for a place to live.  We finally ended sleeping in a vacant lot.  I awoke very sad but what was that all about?

Mike made some fabulous fajitas again last night, so delicious.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far