Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Chris Botti Radio

Tonight on Roku I am listening to Pandora Radio, a new station for me called the Chris Botti station.  Wow, it is wonderful.  I always thought Chris Botti was playing a sax and here it is a trumpet.  Shades of Harry James...he is so good and plays with so many other artists, I love it.

It is quite lonely here tonight but I have some Christmas lights up and have started to decorate my living room for Christmas.  We are still having fall in the dining room.  Richard always liked that I decorated the house for Christmas but did not like to help except for the lights on the tree.  I don't have a tree here but lots of Christmas trees outside.  I love my cozy little home, even if I am alone.

Thomas Jefferson said he didn't think we were to have perfect happiness but lots of calamities in our life (or something like that).  He was very sad after his beautiful young wife died and four of his six children.  He then fell madly in love with a married woman in France. When that ended in sadness he never was interested in love again but devoted himself to his country and Monticello.

For Thanksgiving in 2003 I was in Maryland and one of the SBA guys from New York cooked wonderful Butternut Squash and mashed it.  I loved it and ate most of it and he gave me the rest to take back to my hotel.  Last night I peeled, cut up and boiled and then mashed it and it is so good, I can't believe I have not eaten more of it in my life.  The peeling of the skin is so hard though.  I wonder if there is an easier way to prepare it that I don't know about???

Aha, I just checked on Google--microwave the squash for two minutes to make it easier to cut.  Then cut in pieces before using a sharp vegetable peeler (something I do not have).  Then cut in smaller pieces.  Got it!  How did we know anything before Google?


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far