Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Memories...

I love getting all the Christmas decorations out because everything has a memory.  There is the wall hanging I made when we lived in Pacific Beach in the 60's, the tree skirt I embroidered for our Victorian Christmas tree in our Rancho Bernardo home (all the Victorian homemade decorations have never been hung here), the red wall hanging and pillow covers from my Singapore trip with Meagan, the rocking horse from Rancho Bernardo, the teddy bear from Guam, the moose from Maryland, the moose Maria gave me, the Santa Camber gave me, the wreaths Nadine made, the Santa Sharon made, the goose from Utahna, the duck from Candy, the pillows from Linda, the pillow cover and angel from Marilyn, the nativity scene with the broken angel wing from La Jolla,

the Christmas tree I made in Relief Society in the 70's, the Scandinavian dolls from Camber, the village houses purchased at Big Bear, the cottage from Maria, the house from Matt and Mitch, the Popcorn Mouse from Jeanne, the snowmen purchased for Lake Almanor,  the floppy Santa from Camber, the handmade decorations from Linda and the Indian Angel from Marilyn (these are the only decorations that get put up), the straw donkey from Sweden, the wooden candle holders from Marilyn, the mini doll and wreath from Carole, the hanky angel from 13th Wd or RB?, the needlepoint stockings from La Jolla,



 the throw from Matt and Mitch, the granchildren mittens from Provo, the reversible placemats from Linda, and it goes on and on.  Everything has a memory from a house, a place, a time or a person.  I should have the Blue Velveteen rabbit out instead of packing it away with my dolls as it was one of the last things R and I purchased at the Harvest Festival in San Diego.  It is so Christmas.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far