Thursday, November 03, 2011

My Reading and TV

Latest documentary I just enjoyed is "Steve Jobs, One Last Thing:"--what an amazing man, always searching for a better way, always learning, always sharing.
I really enjoyed reading my niece Carole Warburton's latest book "Just Shy of Paradise". She really knows how to weave a story using local history. mystery, romance, comedy, she has it all. Very well written. I read it all the first day I received it in the mail. Thanks to Carole (my sister) for the gift of the book.
Bramwell is a British miniseries about the late 1800s.  She is a lady doctor, which was practically unheard of at that time.  There are about 51 episodes I think, all so interesting.  I watched it on Roku so could go from one to the other without any interruptions, took about two weeks to watch it all.  Excellent.

I never even saw "Out of Practice" when it was on in the 2005-2006 season on CBS.  It is extremely funny and I like the stars that are in it.  I can't understand why they did not continue it.  It is so much better than a lot of the comedies.  Who makes these decisions????   There was only 21 episodes but very well done.  I watched them all in one day.  Also excellent.   Thanks to Roku.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far