Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Worst Nightmare-Again!

Today I was headed into my office when the telephone rang.  Since I don't keep a phone in my office anymore I did a quick turn, tripped on the hall coat rack and went straight down on the floor.  Luckily my hardwood floor is a lot softer then cement and my left hand and knees took the brunt of it--two nails broken, knees were under heavy jeans so not so tragic.  However, it scares me how easily I can go down.  I have to step so carefully.   Ok, falling is one of my fears.

In the paper today I read about another flue fire.  Another of my fears.  I cannot get my fire as hot as I should to burn up the creosote.

 I was just reading last night that in the last days fear would grip the world, well, fears, I have them.

However, Pres Hinckley said 'Fear Not, Only Believe'.  Michael says I need to think 'more positively'--so what's new, I have always had a problem with that.  Problem is, since 1980 I have had more challenges than I deserved I think, so it is hard to think positively about the next 10 or 20 years, I mean, how can things can better at my age?  A miracle?  Michael asked me if I believed in miracles, I do, but not for me.

Two nights ago I watched the documentary about Gifford.  She and her husband and her mother certainly think positively and they have received and continue to receive a miracle I think.  Yes, I believe in miracles, but not for me.

Today I am listening to 'Diane Krall Radio'--so lovely, so soothing.  Music is my miracle, and the time to listen to it and appreciate it, in it's many forms.  Yes, music is my miracle.  What if I couldn't hear, that would really be tragic.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far