Friday, June 08, 2012

So Far, So Good

Today I had my third Fish Taco and the ratings are the same as last year.  The  cheapest, most tasty, largest, most white sauce, and best flavor comes from the hole in the wall all Mex run place in Pacific Beach.  Rubios, eat your heart out, you are never the best but I do like your atmosphere.

I also had my favorite chocolate frosty from Wendys, I do miss that.

Yesterday I had my eyes tested and it appears it is a cataract in my right eye that is causing the problem, so whether I can get that taken care of while I am down here remains to be seen.  I have an appointment on the 18th.

When I drove to my skin cancer surgery yesterday my eyes were still dilated and I had a really hard time reading the signs.  I drove a little erratic and it is a good thing I generally knew the way.  I just caused a little anger with a few drivers on the way.

No biggie on the surgery, I have about 8 stitches and an inch+ scar but it is fairly hidden by my hair and she didn't have to take too much hair out.  She made me feel guilty about not taking my lipitor.  She said I should try ordering from Canada again as the generic is out and a lot cheaper.

Today I watched the video of the history of the Fort Peck Dam that Steph had put on Facebook.  It was so interesting.  I was ages 1-6 when it was built so, of course, knew nothing.  It was the largest WPA project ever and would probably have never gotten built if Roosevelt was not trying to find work for all those starving during the depression. Over 60 men lost their lives during the process.  It harnassed the mighty Missosuri River.  All I knew is that our Dad liked to go fishing there.

At Fort Peck Dam soon after it was completed.
Friend Donna, me, Marilyn and Jeanne.
WPA projects was what helped  Glendive succeed during the depression also, and was the reason there was customers for the store my Dad was managing.  Roosevelt did a lot of good during his presidency.



John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far