Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jacob and Jimmy Learn to Sail

The boys wait at Mission Bay Santa Clara Point for their last sailing lesson.

Jacob had already had a busy morning working on his scuba diving certification with Dad and other scouts.

They launch the boat and the sails were flapping.

I was impressed as they tightened up the mainsail and jib and really knew what they were doing.  Although it appears Jimmy is more the passenger.  Don't know if he got to do any of the work or not.  I hope so.

Just adjacent to where these boys were sailing we used to launch Bill's Thistle and go out into the big bay for races a lot of weekends when I was a single school teacher here in the late 50's.  Good memories.  I hope the boys stick with sailing.  It is a great sport.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far