Monday, June 04, 2012

Traffic is for the Pits!

I am not too good at driving the fast lane anymore.  The cars whiz by me and sometimes honk if I am slower than they are.  One of the best things about Lake Almanor is I do not have to deal with traffic.

So far I have had wonderful food in San Diego.  I have not had time to start my Fish Taco craze here but it will come.

Today I ate some veal at Pulsiphers and then had tacos and ribs at the Hardys.  So much for my diet but I have stayed away from desserts.  (Linda does not have them in her house.)  Although she and Kelly made delicious lemon bars for Saturday night and I ate the lemon off the top.  Great quacamole today and taco salad last night.  And I am eyeing all the Mexican restaurants.  I miss good San Diego Mex food when I am home.

I had gone to Church with Linda's family in the morning and enjoyed the Sunday School teacher very much.  The RS lesson was also good and we discovered she had been raised in Billings, Montana and Wyoming.  Afterwards I found she had been in third grade at Broadwater school when I was teaching second grade at Bench school, small world.

At James' home all the children played the piano for me.  Jimmy is also playing the guitar and played that.  Jacob plays amazingly well and Lea sounded great, too.  Even Kelsi and Jimmy had their learned songs down well.  Lea also showed her flips on the trampoline and her Mom said she had been invited as one of 200 of 2000 who tried out to go to the New York Ballet this summer.  Because of costs it may not happen but she has done really well sticking with her ballet.  Bravo.  I will need to come for Christmas sometime so I can see her perform.

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far