Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lunch in Pacific Beach

Today Linda, Maria, Meagan and I met at an outdoor restaurant in Pacific Beach and had fish tacos again!!!   Camber couldn't make it.  It was a lovely day and very enjoyable.

I forgot my camera!!!

I finished the book  "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway and tried to find the movie on Netflix--couldn't find it.  I was curious to know if I 'got' the movie when I originally saw it in 1957.  It was Hemingway's first novel--lots of dialogue--curious story line but interesting to keep reading and he was certainly praised for it.

I also finished Nora Roberts "Witness" which was a take off from "Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" in that the protagonist was a genious with amazing computer skills.  Actually vaery intriguing book.

Now I am reading a Mary Higgins Clark mystery, she is always fun and light to read.  I learned that although my San Diego Library cards are good at both County and City libraries I should return county books to county libraries--good to know.

I stated a new series on Netflix--an English series about WWII called "Foyles War".  The first episode was very good so it will be fun to continue with.  Last night I tried to watch Netflix on my computer and couldn't keep it going, not enough bandwidth or something but Sarah showed me how to watch it on their big screen.


John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far