Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Miriam Lina Nelson


Miriam Hardy Nelson passed away today at 2 pm.  What a great life she lived.  After Richard and I married we visited Miriam and Scott in their home and she put on the most wonderful dinner amongst all those little children she was raising.  I was impressed.


When Scott died, she was pregnant with her 7th child Julie and I think Rebecca was only 9 or 10.  I remember when she told me about driving herself to the hospital alone to have her baby.  What a courageous woman she was.  Then she went on to finish college and become a Home Ec teacher at a high school.  She later received her Masters.  She could also sing and play the piano and always seemed to have a smile on her face. And yes, she was a great cook.


And she managed to raise 7 super children--how she did it, I will never know, but I do know she is a beloved mother of all her children and 29 grandchildren and 41 great grandchildren.  I remember once someone said she only had two rules at her house for the children.  They were always to say their prayers and go to church on Sunday. I am not sure that was the whole truth but it worked and somewhere in there she must have taught them all to work because they surely know how to do that.  A great lady, a great life and she has a well earned rest coming.




 Matt, Jennie, Julie, Becky, Lory and Merlin and some of the spouses.


 Alan and wife Elaine, he most have been the photographer in the other picture.


What a wonderful legacy for Miriam--plus all the grandchildren and great grandchildren.

No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far