Thursday, November 02, 2017

Almost Ready for Trip South

So the decision was made, I would spend my winter in San Diego (actually Del Mar) this year instead of Lake Almanor.  It is hard to be up here alone at my age.  I will stay at Jimmy and Camber's home this year and unfortunately, Kelsi will be giving up her room.  I hope it won't be too much of a problem for Kelsi and Lea to share...their bedrooms are very large and there is tv, and office and table space and just open space on the same floor so it is not like too much crowding except at sleeping and bathroom time.  Anyway, hope I am not too much of a nuisance.  Their home is very spacious and it should not be a problem I hope.

I will miss my own bed and my wood fire the most.  But the beach and sunshine and pool etc are compensation.  I breathe better down there so I feel like walking more, that is good.  I especially love walking on the beach.  I am not sure just how the parking etc situation is in the Del Mar beach area though and it is too far for me to walk there, will have to see.  But there is a dog beach not too far up the coast, and Sadie loves that.  And actually the yard around J & C's house is huge so I can always walk around their yard if I don't want to venture out all the time.  And the weather is divine, we know that.

They have a neat ward to go, too, with lots of young people, good talks, lessons, etc., very lovely people, a few of which I know.  Kelsi is in the middle of this picture with the bow.


Kelsi is in her final year of junior high and is always fun to chat with, and Lea is lovely and a senior in high school so should be lots of fun things to hear about and maybe even watch or go to???


and little Jimmy, or tall Jimmy now is always pleasant to be around.  So should be fun and Camber has always got lots of interesting things to talk about and share and big Jimmy likes to go to the movies and often drags me along so should be a fun winter.  I am torn whether to take any of my projects to work on, time always goes so fast and I get so little done, hmmm???

Linda will have lots of young people in and out of her house and still haven't seen Maria's finished and Mitch and Bahia and Matt are there so lots of activity around.  And of course, there is Meagan's brood to get to know better, hopefully they will come see me.


And, of course, I always have my computer and tablet and books so lots to do...definitely taking my computer and my music...I am sure there are many days it will be just me and the three dogs around.  My sister Carole is working on a ticket to fly down for the New Year's week when the Hardys are skiing in Park City.  I have not seen her in 10 years!!!

Today Mary Anne went with me and I got the new tires on my car and bought the antifreeze for the house so now I just need to finish packing and closing up and have 17 days to do it!!!!  Sadie got a new collar because for the first time she wiggled out of that other lose collar and she needs to have one that is more secure with her telephone and rabies information always available.
I like it.


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far