Saturday, November 11, 2017

My Sister turns 79!

Seems just yesterday she was cheerleading at the ball games!  Here she is with Raina, Sage, and Finn with her birthday card.  This year, besides spending time with the grandchildren, she is also a Foster Grandmother at the Kindergarten.  She gives special attention to those children who need it. Spends 5 hours a day for four days a week, whew....that will age her fast!! 

 Carole and I were both kindergarten teachers and we reminisced how different it is today.  More like first grade, they can read!!!

Interestingly though the classroom sizes are much smaller than California, they were that way when I taught there in 1955 and still the same, only 21 in her room.


Here is her cozy living room, Chris is lucky to have a full time decorator always warming up their home.  The wall decor reminds me of our Mom!!


No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far