Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Del Mar Scene

I can't believe the time has gone so fast and I have not had a minute to update in here! Maryanne and I got off as planned from Chester on November 20 after my home teacher Joe M came over and helped get the water turned off at both my house and street and put antifreeze down all my sinks, toilets in the house. I would never have made it in time by myself, that is for sure!

Maryanne drove all the way to Ventura where we stayed overnight at her daughter Sarah's house. I got Gavin's bed and Maryanne had a couch. We both slept very well after eating out at a Mex restaurant La Parilla. Enjoyed meeting Sarah and family, such darling boys. We arrived in Del Mar at my son's house around lunch time. No one was home and everything was askew. They were leaving the next morning for Hawaii!

Later in the day James moved furniture around and Kelsi moved some more things out of her room and a cleaning lady put news sheets on the bed and I was settled in Kelsi's room with a nice view of the pool and the sun streaming in.  Should enjoy the winter here!






At night we went to Morgan's Run and had dinner with some new members of the Church and the missionaries.  It was fun visiting with the Mom, she is a digital marketer, and she does it from her home. This was something totally new to me. The salmon I had was delicious! James is the Mission Leader of his Ward and so was treating everyone.

The next day both Kelly and Amy dropped by and I met Kelly's husband Collin and little Charli for the first time. I must start taking pix if I am to remember my life!  Charli is a doll and she has no fear of strangers, I even got the biggest smile ever just as she was to leave. Amy and I talked about my intestinal problems, she is a Nurse! Kelly and Collin helped me set the clock on the microwave and brought in the garbage cans from the street. They are perfect together! So fun to have so much family around!




The next day there was a email from Sarah and pix of her in the Mexico MTC

Meanwhile, I am taking care of the dogs Bear, Hamilton, and Sadie. Wow, more about that later!





No comments:

John Hardy Memorial Hike 2015

My Life So Far